Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Upcoming stuff part 1

The last two years have gone by really fast: Moving, getting settled, trips to Cancun, Japan, Seattle two August's in a row for weddings, and we just got back from Denver/Rock Springs and visiting Toshi's family. Things have been busy. It's nice to have time to be away from here because I like to be off Long Island and I like vacation and a change of pace. 

Toshi is big on planning. I am too but I think he more so than I. We've got a good idea about the next couple of years at least (assuming it all goes as planned and we are of course prepared for it to not and for plans to change.)

The first major thing that will happen is me getting done with school. Although I thought that I might want to see about a year and a half instead of two I have realized that might not be what's best for me. Fall semester would be very very full and on top of that I would be preparing for a recital and I want to make sure it's awesome so I think I'm going to do a full semester and then be part-time in the spring for my recital. That will help me have extra time to get ready for my recital. I haven't had a chance to talk with my advisor yet about this but the oboe player in my quintet is doing it so I'm pretty sure I can make it work. 

Also upcoming is my trip to Seattle and playing with Cascade! It seemed so far away when I agreed to it and now it's actually coming up. I have been getting great encouragement from Pascual which is always amazing and so I think that when the time comes - just about 6 weeks away! - that I will be ready. It will also be great to be home for two weeks! The first on my own and the second with Toshi. 

No comments: