Thursday, June 19, 2008

End of school and Victoria

So school is finally done. I am glad that it is! I got a lot of work done in my classroom before school was over but there is still lots to do when I go back in the fall. I am planning on not going back until August. I did that last year too. It was so nice to be away and to not worry about anything! That reminds me, I need to call Meghan - she is planning a bridal shower of sorts for me with a bunch of the kids from school - all kids I like so it should be really fun. I need to get a day set with them before I go to Atlanta.

Over the weekend we went to Atlanta. That was post skydiving which was much more fun than I had anticipated. Really what were the chances that I was going to like jumping out of a plane? But it was great! The scariest part is actually getting out of the plane. Once we were falling I was ok. So Sunday morning we went to Victoria. It was a good but weird weekend. I think that I was off and he was a little off in anticipation of starting work but we had a really good time. We went to the Museum, IMAX, took a ferry boat tour of the harbour, went to Butchart Gardens and the Butterfly Gardens which were a blast. That reminds me I need to get my pictures online! I need to clear the memory card so I'll have space to put all my pics of the upcoming trip!

It was really good for us to get away. We had some moments of getting on each others nerves but we are learning how to deal with it. He does better than I do which is good because I think that I'm much harder to deal with than he is. I get frustrated with things very fast and dont always know what to do to fix being upset. But he handles me really well and always brings me back down to earth. I had one panic attack while we were gone - a major one where I was hyperventalating. He just sat and held me and got me to breathe. I havent heard back from the therapist yet, maybe I need to get in touch with her again to set something up when I get back rom Atlanta.

All in all things are good. I told Toshi I would stay out of his way while he was working but he has asked me to come over tonight and asked me to stay last night and I think thats a good thing. He's also got Saturday off so I'll stay over there on Friday night too. Then I'll be gone for 10 days which might be good because he'l really start working next week - right now just orientation stuff. He was done at Harborview this morning at 9 so was able to go back home and eat some before his UW orientation this afternoon. I hope that he finds out about the April vacation. I dont want to bug him about it. He told me he would take care of it and based on the rotation for that month he thinks that he might have weekends off anyway but still..... I would like to know sooner rather than later!

Ok, time to get back to work. I'm going to finish packing and start some cleaning I think. Then lunch and more cleaning. With the cats not here I can try and get a lot done. They are staying with mom right now. Tonight dinner with D'Amours, its been a while! And then Saturday night, late, off to Atlanta! Dont worry, the computer is coming with me :-)

No comments: